Douglas J. Bennett, FSA
1431 Riverplace Blvd, Unit 1505
Jacksonville, FL 32207
Doug Bennett is a member of the Marketing and Distribution Section of the Society of Actuaries (SOA). He worked for 23 years at Milliman, an actuarial consulting firm, where he was an Equity Principal and co-managed the Hartford life insurance practice. He subsequently helped create a life insurance telemarketing organization. He previously worked at LIMRA International, where his projects included company expense and performance analysis and strategic and technology planning.
- Advised individual consumers on long-term care insurance options for new purchases and inforce policies.
- Reviewed company underwriting policies in relation to industry best practices for new business, reinsurance transactions and life settlements.
- Benchmarked agent and agency manager compensation packages against industry.
- Provided design assistance, including cash flow projections, for public pension financing solution.
- Analyzed an individual’s pension payout options and discussed potential risks and risk-minimization strategies.
- Currently developing precious metals based retirement income product as an alternative to traditional income annuities.
In the news
- Katie Johnston and Deirdre Fernandes, “MassMutual in talks to acquire MetLife’s insurance agent business,” Boston Globe, 2/25/2016. Commentary on Mass Mutual’s potential purchase of MetLife’s life insurance sales force.
- 2015 SOA Annual Meeting presentation discussing the latest middle market research from the Marketing and Distribution Section of the SOA.
- Co-authored The Art and Science of Life Insurance Distribution, ACTEX Publications, 2014.